Students need their voices heard

Hunter Pigott, Panther Post Staff Writer

Once I moved to Canton Academy there was some things I did like that and there was some things that I didn’t like and wished I had a way to have my voice heard.

Over the time period that I have been enrolled at the school I noticed that students did not like some small rules that were established in at the beginning of the year.

I have heard many students complain about rules and things that go on around Canton Academy that they don’t like.

Students at Canton Academy want to be heard.

Finding a way to change that rule or those things that they don’t like would be hard but not if there was some way to vote.

During the school year there could be some voting on what goes on and what is enforced.

Standard rules that every school has shouldn’t change but there needs to be some kind of regulation to have our part in the new rules that are not that important.

Some of the rules that are put in play that are new look like they are just there to be there and some are rules that need to be put in play because of the amount of wrong that could happen if that rule was not put in play.

Other things that students could vote on is what they want to wear for pep rallies.

I have heard a couple of people say that they want a camo pep rally like they used to have.

I agree that we do need to have a part in choosing what our themes should be.

What we should eat is another thing that is big because students need a vote for what they want to eat.

This would solve all the problems in the lunchroom.

Some other things that students would probably like to have a voice in is events that take place at Canton Academy.

We need to have more fun at our school there needs to be some kind of thing that makes kids want to wake up every morning and go to school.

School needs to be fun but at the same time controlled.

About the Writer
Hunter Pigott, Staff Writer

Hunter Pigott is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is a staff writer for The Panther Post. He likes to fish, hunt, and ride his four-wheeler. He does not like to sit still for a long time. He plans to attend college and open his own truck accessory business.