CA without soccer team

Back to Article
Back to Article

CA without soccer team

Jacob Ramsey, Staff Writer

Canton Academy lost their soccer team this year due to many reasons including no coaching staff and a lack of members. Last year, the team began with a large number of players on the team but suffered losses due to quitting the sport or ineligibility due to grades. It’s my opinion that soccer team was pretty much a money pit that never could find a way to bring back money for the school. 

The soccer team wasn’t a winning team but the ones who were committed were there for the long haul win or lose. These players were out there because they enjoyed the sport and loved the game. They were 100 percent the entire time always ready to play. Personally, I think we should still have a soccer team and continue to keep playing the game and allow the ones who love the sport to play. We should be able to have any sport we want no matter the money or the issues. Taking soccer away is one less sport students get to play. 

Soccer is a world wide played sport and I personally believe one of the most physical sports. Soccer is very intense and anyone can play. Soccer is a sport that takes heart and commitment and takes most importantly trust, leadership, and faith in your teammates. The biggest part in any sport is trust, leadership and commitment because without that your team will fall apart and lose hope and faith in one another. 

Schools should at least, at the beginning of every school year, attempt to have all sports active and attempt to have all teams. If people love the sport and want to play they will. It’s then up to the ones who are truly committed and have the want to, to play to make sure they have enough people to play for one season even if it’s just enough players to make a team and no substitutes, by doing that it will truly show the heart and commitment of the team and each individual player.

In conclusion, I believe we should have an opportunity to vote on us having a team this year and we should ask the administration if we could play this year.