Elementary Book Fair success at CA

Back to Article
Back to Article

Elementary Book Fair success at CA

Eli Madison, Sports Editor

The Scholastic Book Fair returned to Canton Academy this November with new books and releases waiting to be read.

The book fair always comes around twice a year.

Many 4th grade students from Canton Academy’s elementary said they loved to read and always enjoy the book fair when it comes around.

Most of the students said they love to read the “I Survived” and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” book series and were most excited to buy those at the book fair.

According to the official Scholastic Book Fair website, there is a new ‘Diary of A Wimpy Kid’ Book coming to the book fair this year.

The group of students also agreed that even though there is many fun items and toys included in the book fair, they still enjoyed getting the books much more.

The book fair is provided by the company ‘Scholastic’ and is set up and scheduled by Librarian Nan James.

Mrs. Nan said she loves when the book fair comes around every year and enjoys doing it even though it can be stressful.

“Every year the book fair makes me shake in my boots because I fear I will do something wrong,” she said.

Mrs. Nan has been the librarian for 6 years at Canton Academy and says she has loved doing it every year.

“I found out the librarian was leaving and I said to myself that we were gonna miss her because she was really good,” she said.

“After that a light went off in my head and I said ‘I want that job,’ so I went to the headmaster and asked him ‘can I be the new librarian?’ and he said sure!”

Mrs. Nan says the main reason she loves the book fair is because she feels that everyone can find a book that personally fits them.

“To me reading ought to be a sport, the kids come in here and every one of them can find a book that fits them.”

“I love to see the kids come in here and buy books, I was a geek when I was their age and I read all of the time,” she said. 

Mrs. Nan added that she has always loved doing the book fair every year she has been here and it has always been a success.

She plans on doing the book fair every year she can even though it is organization chaos.

“Scholastic knows I like to have one every year and so they contact me so I can check my calendar and give them a date so we can set it up again,” she said. 

The Scholastic Book Fair has been going on for many years at the elementary and will continue to be like this.

The book fair will be coming around again in 2019 to Canton Academy and will continue to have new books for the kids to read.

About the Writer
Eli Madison, Staff Writer

Eli Madison is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is a staff writer for The Panther Post. He likes sports, video games, and he dislikes needles. He plans...