Clay Shooting Teams First Shoot Is the Best One Yet!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jack Ferguson, Staff Writer

PP Staff writer

Jack Ferguson

Canton Academy Clay Shooting Team had their first tournament Last Friday on November 2.

The shoot was at 11am, the weather was great with a slight breeze and bright blue skies.

All of the teams that were at the shoot on November 2 were Tri county academy, Pillow academy, Central Hinds academy, East Rankin academy, Winona academy and Canton Academy.

One of the biggest event of our shoot was that Noah Smith shot a 94 out of 100 which was the HOA or Highest Overall Score.

Canton Academy benefited with our shooters all squads advancing to the next shoot.

The squads were Senior Wes Patrick,Andrew Galloway, Braden Oberle, Will Smith, Joseph Price, Junior Lane Martin, Sophomore Noah Smith, Case Lambert, Jack Ferguson, Freshmen Holden Chandler, Taylor Pratt, Aaron lindsey, Barnes Wadford, 8th grade Samuel Wadford, Jerry Baker, and Daniel Spivey.

Noah Smith said that he thinks that our team did not shoot their full potential but that the team shot very good in the tournament and that they are going to exceed the teams expectations in the next shoot.

The shoot was for qualifying to shoot in December for the qualifying for the state shoot and all of our shooters advanced to the shoot in December.

Noah said that only 50 shooters can advance to the state shoot.

This year is going to turn out good for the shooting team because it has many good shooters that are improving the team next year will be even better with hopefully some new shooters and there

will be many experienced shooters still on the team.

The clay shootings team next shoot is for the state shoot in December at Sardis Mississippi.

Special

About the Writer
Jack Ferguson, Staff Writer

Jack Ferguson is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is staff writer at The Panther Post. He likes to hunt, fish, and ride around in the mud. He would like...