Great effort put into CA School Store

Lane Patterson, Staff Writer

Canton Academy has many interesting features as a school.

One cool thing they have is a school store. The CA store is really helpful for the students and parents.

The CA store is a place where all the kids can go and see what clothes they want for the school year. The CA store is headed by Mrs. Dell Taylor.

When asked what new items they have in the store, Dell said,“ One of the newest trends that has become a fast favorite is the Tri Blend apparel.”  

Her son runs collegiality, and this has been huge in that market for a couple of years now.  Tri blend apparel feels like cotton but has the moisture winking capabilities of dri fit apparel.  

“It actually keeps sweat away from the body, without the slick feeling that sometimes occurs with Dri Fit products. A good example of this is the Go Panther’s Tee that was introduced at the beginning of school,” she said.  

“We also have the Next Level long sleeve Hoodie Tee that was introduced on Homecoming night,” she added. 

Also introduced at that time, is the Black Heather Tri Blend Short Sleeve Tee by Badger.

Within the next few weeks the store will have several items arriving from Under Armour, as well as two new styles of custom socks.  

One pair will sport the Interlocking CA Logo with the accent of a digital print.

The other option offers a new look with our Panther Logo.

While most of the items mentioned above are unisex.

“We just introduced a long sleeve hooded tee by Comfort Color in grey.

We have almost sold out, but will have more coming in soon,” she said. 

As far as accessories, the CA store has four new hat options.

A Booney hat in black, an unstructured camo baseball hat, a black and white unstructured Trucker mesh back hat and a gray and white structured mesh back trucker hat. These are just a few of the new items we have, and there is more on the way!”

Like mentioned before Taylor manages the store. She said, “The approval process involves The Booster Club Officers. My son (Matt Taylor) is 2016 graduate of CA and now attends Belhaven as a Junior. He runs XC and track & field do them as well. Our daughter, Reagan is a 6th grader. I am married to Clay Taylor, who is on our Board of Trustees and an officer of the Booster Club,” she said. 

Movelyn Harris works in the store on Thursday Mornings (7:30-12:00).  Movelyn is the reason that students flock to the store for free candy and fruit gummies!

She began working in the store around 2014.

Shortly after she began, she started the tradition of free candy!  

She loves visiting with our students and knew that providing a sweet treat would be a great way to meet them.

What most do not know is that she pays for the candy personally.

If you don’t know Mrs. Movelyn, she’s one of the kindest people you will ever meet.

Movelyn is the Mom of Josh Harris-a Junior at CA.

New to the team this year is Audrey Thomas.  

Many of you are familiar her Dad, Coach Dennis Allen, our defensive line coach.

Audrey has twin boys (Matt & John) who are in the 6th Grade and daughter (Lila), who is in 5th Grade.

She just finished her first year as the Elementary Cheer Sponsor.  She is married to Ryan Thomas, who just finished his first year as one of our Elementary football coaches.

Ryan also helps coach Elementary girls basketball.

Many do not realize that each of work on a volunteer basis, so that the money goes directly back into the school.

Taylor was asked  why the school store is important she replied, “The store is important because it provides another way to raise money for the school through The Booster Club.  The items we provide have a minimal markup which also allows our families to purchase apparel at an affordable price.

“The funds we raise are used in various ways such as, sports team meals and athletic facility improvements. We also provide the balloons at our Friday night home football games as well as  other requests that our coaches may have,” said Taylor. 

Taylor said, “Normally we can restock in a couple of weeks depending on our supplier.”

Taylor said, “We base what we sell on latest trends and input from some select students and parents.”

About the Writer
Lane Patterson, Staff Writer

Lane Patterson is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is a staff writer for The Panther Post. He likes to sleep, eat food, and shoes. He does not like homework....