National Honor Society inducts new members

Libby Ozborn, Staff Writer

The National Honor Society is built around the 4 pillars of honor; service, character, leadership, and scholarship.

Dan Bradshaw has been head of the NHS of Canton Academy going on his second year, after Mrs. Chestnut left.

After being asked about the community service the NHS has done, Bradshaw commented, “I can’t speak about before last year, but since I’ve taken over, we’ve run a peer tutoring program for kids who need help 7th period. We’ve also volunteered at the Mustard Seed, spending time with the Seedsters as well as helping to clean up their campus after the tornado.”

Miller Burnside, junior, commented, “I would love to help out the less fortunate to help build my own character.”

This year there will be 16 new inductees adding onto the current 30 members of the National Honor Society on Wednesday the 17th.

The new inductees are Kyle Brasher, Kendall Calloway, Regan Cole, Edi Craft, Eli Crosby, Jake Hutton, Eli madison,Abbey Magee,Walker McGuffee, Libby Ozborn, Abbie Parkinson, Allie Parkinson, Heaven McNalty, John Marc O’Cain, Molly Patrick, and Hunter Pigott.

All of the inductees lit the candle for service, then recited the pledge to the National Honor Society.

The NHS has brought many opportunities to the juniors and seniors involved.

Kendall Calloway, sophomore, said, “The hole induction was a good experience to have and remember for my high school career. I am so glad to get to get closer to the juniors and seniors through helping people.”

Miller Burnside, junior, said, “I feel like I have made an impact in our community and setting an example for the younger kids around me.”

Beau Barr, junior, said, “I feel like it’s given me an opportunity to pursue goals that I couldn’t dream of doing if I wasn’t in National Honors Society.”

Bradshaw said, “The upcoming year is going to be a new experience for everyone, including me. I am ready to see how everyone adjusts.”

About the Writer
Libby Ozborn, Staff Writer

Libby Ozborn is a sophomore at Canton Academy. She is a staff writer and sports writer for The Panther Post. She enjoys Netflix, sushi, and spending time...