Baseball is almost here

Ty Townsend, Opinion Editor

The baseball season for this year will be here soon and with the football season winding down.

After talking with John Marc O’cain and Hunter Pigott they agreed,  “we are ready to get back to throwing the baseball and playing games again” O’cain commented “season can’t get here soon enough.”

I couldn’t be happier and more excited. In my opinion, this is going to be a great year.

We have a lot of talent coming back that we are hoping will step up and do there job.

We are going to work hard everyday in practice and give it all we got every game.

We are going to be a young team this year. We don’t have much overall size, but we do have lots of speed.

We lost a lot of talent last year that graduated, but that’s part of the process.

Our schedule is set pretty good this year.

I feel like we have a good chance to make it to the playoffs, and maybe even possibly play for the state championship.

The biggest thing is going to be our guys being coach-able and trusting that the coaches have a process in place that is going to make us as good as we can be.

Players  are going to have to step up and be leaders. We need to go into every game believing are going to win.

We have a lot of young guys this year that have talent so they have a lot of improving to do.

Last year wasn’t the best year for us, we had a losing record.

The problem was most of our players played their own game and didn’t play for the best interest of the team.

We didn’t make it to the playoffs last year for the first time in a while.

We won the district the year before, so I’m sure players thought they were just going to walk on the field and be able to win.  

The thing I love and look forward to is the coaches are great, we have a great program, fans that support us and great facilities.

We just have to believe in ourselves and also each other.

We have to put last year in the past and forget about it.

Everybody is excited and ready to start the off-season program.

We just have to work hard and get better everyday.

About the Writer
Ty Townsend, Opinion Editor

Ty Townsend is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is the opinion editor for The Panther Post. He likes sports, food, and clothes. He does not like homework....