Varsity Basketball Starting Back

Eli Madison, Staff Writer

Varsity Basketball Starting Back

By Eli Madison

PP Staff Writer

Football season is ending soon which means basketball is coming up. The official starting date when the season begins will be on October 22nd with Canton hosting a pre season tournament.

We will see some familiar faces this year such as Christian Rainer, Jacob Carter, and Chris Gill will be playing for the team again. There will also be some new faces joining the team this year. Seniors Will Anderson and Josh Humphries will be playing basketball this year along with some new sophomores coming up to play and some of the same juniors.

Unfortunately Michael Fokeladeh was injured during the football season and will not be able to return to play his senior year.

The Varsity boys will still be coached by Joseph Nickels and assistant coach Dusting Jeffords for another year again.

Coach Jeffords will be doing something new this year and taking over as head coach of the Jr High Boys basketball team. This will be his first year taking the spot of head coach for Jr High at Canton Academy.

Official varsity practice has yet to start for basketball but over the summer the team participated in a league that Hartfield Academy hosted for some extra practice. That is where the new players of the team joined and the team got to meet everyone and build up the chemistry and see each other play.

Some Players have been shooting around getting ready for basketball by going to the open gym shootarounds on Sundays.

About the Writer
Eli Madison, Staff Writer

Eli Madison is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is a staff writer for The Panther Post. He likes sports, video games, and he dislikes needles. He plans...