Panthers Suffer Tough Loss at Leake

Picasa

Picasa

Eli Madison, Staff Writer

Friday September 6, the Canton Academy JV Panthers suffered a hard loss to the Leake             Academy Rebels.

The Rebels put up 43 points against the Panthers, but the Panthers were unable to put up any against them. The final score was 43-0, making the Panthers 2-2 after the game.

According to QB Carter Martin before the game, “They have some big linemen but they aren’t as fast as us.”

“I feel pretty good going into the game, we’ve heard they aren’t as good as Tri-County and we did pretty good against Tri-County,” said Martin.

The game started with Leake kicking off to the Panthers and the Panthers started their first drive from about their 15 yard line. The Panthers had a good drive down the field making it to the rebels 20 yard line but were eventually stopped and the Panthers were forced to punt.

The Rebels started their drive from their own 10 yard line. On the third play they scored a run in touchdown but missed the point after touchdown, making the score 6-0.

The Panthers obtained the ball back and make another  good drive down field making it to the Rebels 40 yard line. But they are eventually stopped by the Rebels and the Panthers turn it over on fourth down.

The Rebels took over and on the second play of their drive they threw a deep pass down the field to a wide open man for almost 50 yards and score a touchdown. They went for a 2-point conversion and got it making the score 14-0.

The Rebels kicked off and the Panthers started their next drive from about the 20 yard line but were very quickly stopped and forced to punt.

The Rebels started their drive around the Panthers 40 yard line and on the third play of their drive they overthrow a receiver and the Panthers intercepted the football.

After the Panthers took over after the interception the 2nd quarter ends and the Panthers kicked off.

After halftime the Rebels came out ready and run the ball for a huge gain for about 30 yards on the first play of their drive.

The Rebels ran the ball up the middle from about the five yard line and score a touchdown. The Rebels went for a 2-point conversion but came up short, making the score 20-0.

The Rebels kick off and the Panthers take over around mid-field. The Panthers struggled to move up the field on offense and are forced to punt the football on fourth down once again.

The Panthers punted but the snap was way too long and the Panthers had to recover it in the backfield for a turnover.

The Rebels started their next drive very close to the endzone at around the Panthers 25 yard line. They continued to run the ball all over the Panthers and on the fourth play of the Rebels drive they scored a run in touchdown and made the PAT to put the score at 27-0.

The Panthers obtained the ball back from the kickoff but struggle once again to gain any yards. They are stopped in their tracks and are forced to punt on fourth down.

They attempted the punt but  it was over snapped and resulted in a safety for the Panthers putting the score at 29-0 with the Rebels in the lead.

The Panthers kicked the ball off and the Rebels gained a huge amount of yards on the kickoff, getting all the way to the Panthers 20 yard line.

After a couple of runs they scored a touchdown with a run up the middle and made the extra point making the score 36-0.

The Rebels kicked off and the Panthers held the ball around their own 15 yard line. On the first play of the drive the Panthers threw an interception and the Rebels scored a touchdown off the interception.

The Rebels made the extra point after the touchdown to make the score 43-0.

The game ended with the Panthers scoring 0 points with a touch loss to the Rebels, with the final score of 43-0.

About the Writer
Eli Madison, Staff Writer

Eli Madison is a sophomore at Canton Academy. He is a staff writer for The Panther Post. He likes sports, video games, and he dislikes needles. He plans to attend Mississippi State University and pursue a degree in the medical field.