College Fair has seniors excited

Edi Craft, Managing Editor

College is a rough topic for some people. Most kids want to go, some are scared, and no parents wants their baby going away.

At Canton Academy the school has a college fair where a bunch of colleges visit for the juniors and seniors to get information about potential colleges.

There were several colleges at the fair including Belhaven University, Mississippi State University, Ole Miss University, Holmes Community college, Mississippi College, Mississippi University for Women, Louisiana State University Alexandira, Hinds Community College, Delta State University, Millsaps University, and Southern Miss University.

Ben Barr, 11 grade, said, “I was excited to see MSU there because it is like my family college. My family goes for state and going there for college would be awesome. Mississippi is also a big possibility because my brother goes there.”  

Barr thought Southern Miss had a very persuasive recruiter and said, “She was firing off facts about the school and cool things about the school.

“She was very persuasive about how great Southern Miss is.” said Barr.

Jenson Williams, 12 grade, said “Southern Miss stood out and also Delta State. The guy from Mississippi College kinda freaked me out.”

Williams was already thinking about going to Delta State because that’s where her father Coach Ben Williams went to college.

Williams said, “I never really had a plan. I was pretty much open to all schools but after the college fair I am leaning towards Delta State or Southern Miss.”

“I am leaning towards Delta State because I would like to do stuff with kids and Delta State has a good teaching program,” said Williams.

James Thomas Faduicca, 11 grade, “Mississippi State is the only college that popped out for me, because they’re the only school there that had what I want to major in.”

Faduicca said, “If I get high enough on the ACT I would love to go to Vanderbilt or Georgia Tech.”

Drew Goza, 11 grade, “My least favorite college was LSUA because they had no sports and when I go to college I want to be able to go watch football games.”

Goza said, “My favorite college is MSU, it is where my brother goes to college and where I hope to go.”

About the Writer
Edi Craft, Managing Editor

Edi Craft is a sophomore at Canton Academy. She is the Managing Editor and News Editor for The Panther Post. She loves makeup, sports, and being with her friends and family. She hates feet. She plans to attend Vanderbilt and pursue a degree in psychology because she likes to help people with their problems. She is also a good listener.